Honourary Life Membership is the highest honour that can be bestowed upon a member of the Guelph Curling Club, and as such, it is not to be given out freely. It is truly a special recognition of a Member’s continual, longstanding and selfless willingness to contribute to the growth and enjoyment of the Guelph Curling Club.
A Honourary Life Member shall enjoy all the privileges of membership in the Guelph Curling Club without payment of membership fees for curling from the time of their designation, for life. In order for a Member to be recommended for a Honourary Lifetime Member, their contribution to the Club must have been significant, visible and of enduring benefit to all or a majority of the Club Members.
The considerations for nomination should include, but are not limited to the following:
- The member shall have been a member in good standing of the Guelph Curling Club for a period totaling a minimum of 20 years.
- Service for at least one full term on the Board of Directors
- Performed a substantial form of service or contribution to the GCC for a minimum of 10 years. Examples of service to the GCC could be any of the following:
- Service as a member/chair of a Club Committee
- Assisting with instructional sessions especially for new or youth curlers
- Member of the Club’s fundraising activities
- Convener of a Club league(s)
- Convener of a Club-sponsored bonspiel(s)
- Assisting with, or coordinating special events at the Club
- Recognized promoter of the Guelph Curling Club’s image within and outside the club either through their on-ice performance or through other channels.
The Member who is considered for a Honourary Life Member must be recommended to the Board of Directors by at least 5 dues paying members. The nomination process includes:
- Historical data of the nominee’s volunteerism
- The nomination being approved by a majority of the entire Board of Directors
- The Honourary Life Member will be announced at the next Annual General Meeting or as the GCC Board of Directors deems appropriate.